If you have given your collecting driver the wrong parcel, you should contact us as soon as possible with details about the parcel so we can ask the courier to try and locate and return it.
When contacting us, you will need to provide us with the following information:
- A description of the parcel and any unique identifying marks.
- The tracking number
- The courier it was given to.
- The carrier it was meant for
We’ll contact the courier to request the return of the parcel. If the driver is contacted in time they may be able to return same day. If not, we’ll work with the depot where your parcel is headed to find and return your parcel on the next working day.
What happens if my parcel can’t be located?
We will raise a lost package investigation to try to find your parcel, using the description you have given us.
Note: If we cannot locate the parcel and you cannot prove that the driver took the incorrect package, unfortunately you will not be able to claim compensation.
How can I prevent this happening again?
- You should always ask the courier to scan the parcel before leaving the property. This will update your tracking information and, if it is the wrong parcel, be found not to scan.
- Make sure that you separate boxes for different couriers.
- Ask your courier to sign our shipment receipt/manifest as an additional check on the parcel that they are taking.